Client Services Coordinator - Community Aged Care
- Full time role - Monday to Friday 75 hours per fortnight
- Utilise your management, leadership & staffing experience in a community-friendly environment
- Based at Gordon Park
Formed in 1983, Alzheimer's Association Queensland (AAQ) is one of Queensland's leading not-for-profit organisations helping maintain the quality of life for the frail aged and people diagnosed with dementia. We currently have over 400 specialist staff at AAQ and continuously growing.
AAQ's Multi-Service Centres provide a restorative and wellness approach to support older people stay engaged within their community. Our Multi-Service Centres are based in home-like cottages in order to evoke feelings of comfort, relaxation and personability, familiarity and independence.
Activities are carried out in intimate groups which ensures each person receives personalised care whilst being supported to achieve individual goals.
Multi-Service Centre services include:
- Centre-based respite & social support
- Overnight respite & emergency respite
- In-home respite, personal care & domestic assistance
- Allied health
- Leisure & lifestyle programs both 1:1 or group
- Home maintenance
- Consumer-directed care - level 1-4
- NDIS services
- Carer education & support
Reporting to the Community Service Manager, a rare opportunity has become available for a highly motivated team leader in this full-time position, to drive and support our centre-based services within the Brisbane North region.
Your key focus is the building of partnerships alongside our Case Manager with both clients and their families as well as the provision of staff coordination and support to ensure the best possible care is delivered to our clients.
Daily responsibilities include initial client assessments, 24-hour staff rostering, NDIS billing, new staff orientation, staff leadership, service and brokered agreements, reporting, data entry within iCare, MAC portal referrals and financials/budgeting.
Programs facilitated include CHSP (Community Home Support Program) NDIS and CDC (Consumer Directed Care home care packages).
Requirements for Success
- Recognised qualifications within Aged Care, Community Care or Disability (Diploma level advantageous)
- At least 2 years' demonstrated leadership experience in the coordination of aged care, community health or disability services
- An understanding of the principles of service coordination, planning, provision & evaluation of services including budgets with attention to detail
- Solid understanding of relevant standards & legislation related to Aged Care, Community Services & Home Care Standards & Disability
- The establishment of client relationships
- Excellent planning, time management & problem-solving skills
- Team leadership experience of small to medium-sized teams
- Experience with end to end recruitment & staff performance
- Intermediate to advanced computer literacy - Microsoft Suite including Excel
- QLD Open Driver's License & National Police Check
- Budget management & exposure to 24-hour rosters
Our Culture & Benefits
- To work within a supportive team of dedicated professionals
- Thorough systems & processes in place
- Innovative, progressive aged care organisation
- Competitive remuneration package on offer including access to salary sacrifice
- Rewarding position providing quality of life services to older people
- Supportive senior management
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ongoing training & professional development
Confidential enquiries most welcome. Please call Sarah Fomin on 07 3422 3000. To find out more about Alzheimer's Queensland and the wonderful work we do, please visit www.alzheimersonline.org
Shortlisting will commence before closing date