Leisure & Lifestyle Officer - Aged Care
- Permanent Part-time position
- 52 hours plus per fortnight
- Mt Gravatt location
Alzheimer's Queensland (AQ) is a not for profit organisation that prides itself on the quality of the living environment within its homes to provide quality care. We are here to make a real change and make growing old a positive experience for Older Australians by developing healthy aging initiatives.
Located at Garden City Aged Care Servcies, we are seeking a part-time aged care Leisure and Lifestyle Officer to join our 7 day leisure and lifestyle program within the residential aged care setting.
As an experienced Leisure and Lifestyle Officer, you will assist the Leisure and Lifestyle Coordinator with the design, implementation, and evaluation of residential programs for female dementia residents in both 1:1 and small groups. You must be willing to take residents offsite for activities.
To be successful in this part-time role, your key focus will be to assist residents to participate in all lifestyle recreational activities (including outings & excursions), meet daily living needs, activities and other support within the plan of care.
To also promote AQ's organisational values of Social Role Valorisation (SRV) principles and a willingness to work in accordance with these principles as well as our facility's policies and procedures, in a manner that encourages the independence and engagement of residents.
- Minimum 2 years of program development for 1:1 & group indoor and outdoor activities for the elderly
- Dementia & personal care experience within a community or residential care essential
- Intermediate computer skills with Word & internet search engines
- Model team qualities such as respect, helpfulness, cooperation & support
- Comply with WHS requirements
- Comfortable driving a mini bus
- Minimum Certificate IV level Leisure and Lifestyle, Diversional Therapy or equivalent
- Current Police Check & Opens Drivers License
Our Culture & Benefits:
- To work within a supportive team of dedicated professionals
- Innovative, progressive aged care organisation
- Competitive remuneration package on offer including access to salary sacrifice
- Rewarding position providing quality of life services to older people
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ongoing training & professional development\
For confidential enquiries, please contact Talent Acquisition on 3422 3000. To learn more about the great things we do please visit our website www.alzheimersonline.org
Shortlisting for this role will commence before the closing date.