Dementia Respite Assistant - Toowoomba
- Flexible work life balance
- Casual position across the 7-day roster
- Friendly community based team
The Toowoomba Multi Service Centre is the Darling Downs leading provider of customized 24 hour, 7 days per week respite and support services. The Centre operates from three Queenslander style cottages for both people with dementia and people aged over 65 who are looking for opportunities for social and community engagement.
Our Team Goal
To promote the retention of existing life skills for people diagnosed with dementia and provide opportunities to enhance these skills through participation in socially valued roles and activities.
Support clients in activities of daily living, personal care, community access and other life areas where the need for support/assistance is identified.
- Relevant Certificate III qualification within Community Care or Aged Care essential
- Minimum 2-3 Years' paid experience as a carer within community or respite care
- Experience in group or 1:1 leisure activities participation in an outdoor setting
- Current First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Opens QLD Drivers Licence
- Excellent communication - both oral & written
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with people who have dementia
- Ambition to enhance an individual's wellbeing
- National Police Clearance Certificate (upon role offer)
Why join Alzheimer's Queensland?
Our staff enjoy:
- The opportunity to work within a supportive team of passionate & dedicated professionals
- Attractive remuneration package on offer including access to salary sacrifice
- Flexible Working Arrangements for Work life balance
- Rewarding position providing quality of life for people within the community
- Ongoing training & professional development opportunities
Alzheimer's Queensland Website, please visit www.alzheimersonline.org
Applicants with only Cert III work placement or paid carer experience under 2 years, need not apply for this role.
Shortlisting to commence before closing date