Dementia Respite Assistant - Gordon Park
- The flexibility of shifts to fit in with your lifestyle
- Attractive hourly rates plus access to salary sacrifice
- Dementia experience essential
Alzheimer's Queensland is a progressive organisation that prides itself on being innovative and exceeding client's expectations. Our aim is to look after people with Dementia and their family to the best possible standard.
We are seeking casual experienced and certified Dementia Respite Assistants to fill weekend, evenings and overnight shifts within our Multi-Service Centre, Gordon Park.
You may be required to work in community to support Home Care Packages if staff shortages arise requiring access to a motor vehicle, full comphrensive insurance and valid Opens Drivers Licence.
It is Alzheimer's Queensland goal to recognise the individuality and uniqueness of every client by giving them the great care and support they deserve. In this role your key focus is communication and to be client focused, where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people living with Dementia.
Requirements for success
- 2-3 years' experience essential in the provision of care for the frail aged and specifically people with dementia within a community or respite role
- Certificate III in Aged Care/Individual Support or Community Care
- Flexible to cover weekend, AM, PM & evening shifts
- Current First Aid/CPR Certificate
- Current Open Australian Driver's License & access to a motor vehicle
- A focused commitment to clients wants and needs and their role within their own community
- Excellent oral and written skills when liaising with other staff, volunteers and other stakeholders
- Willingness to attend staff meetings & education
In exchange for your hard work and commitment, you will be well rewarded. Joining an active team with a friendly community environment that provides ongoing compulsory education and a very competitive hourly rate. What else could you ask for?
For confidential enquiries, please contact Talent Acquisition on 3422 3000. To learn more about the great things we do please visit our website www.alzheimersonline.org
Shortlisting for this role will commence before the closing date.